To schedule an annual screening at MountainView Red Rock Radiology, please call (702) 962-7775.
Providing women-centered breast care
Breast Care Services at MountainView Hospital and Red Rock Radiology, a department of MountainView Hospital, offers a team of highly skilled specialists who provide comprehensive breast care to our patients.
Our Team of Breast Care Specialists
We provide you with expertise in imaging, diagnosis and treatment of the breast with a comprehensive team just for you. Focusing exclusively on breast health, our team of specialists includes:
- Board certified breast imaging radiologists
- Licensed Mammographers
- Board certified surgeons
- Board certified oncologists
- ACR/FDA Accredited
- Board Certified and Fellowship Trained Radiologists
Breast Care Services available at MountainView Hospital and Red Rock Radiology includes a combination of the newest technologies with the latest procedures to accurately diagnose breast problems at the earliest possible moment. Our full range of sophisticated technologies includes:
- 3D Computer-Aided Detected Mammograms
- Screening Digital Mammography
- Diagnostic Digital Mammography
- Breast Ultrasound & MRI
- Minimally Invasive Breast Biopsies (Stereotactic, Ultrasound guidance)
- Cyst Aspirations
- Fine Needle Aspirations
- Needle Localizations
Breast cancer screening recommendations
Breast cancer prevention is a high priority at MountainView. Self-examinations are essential to ongoing breast care and early detection is the most effective cure.
The American Cancer Society recommends these screening guidelines for most adults.
- Yearly mammograms are recommended starting at age 40 and continuing for as long as a woman is in good health
- Clinical breast exam (CBE) about every 3 years for women in their 20s and 30s and every year for women 40 and over
- Women should know how their breasts normally look and feel and report any breast change promptly to their health care provider. Breast self-exam (BSE) is an option for women starting in their 20s.
Some women - because of their family history, a genetic tendency, or certain other factors - should be screened with MRI in addition to mammograms. (The number of women who fall into this category is small: less than 2% of all the women in the US.) Talk with your doctor about your history and whether you should have additional tests at an earlier age.
How to schedule an appointment
To schedule an annual screening at MountainView Red Rock Radiology, call (702) 962-7775 and our schedulers will be happy to find a convenient appointment time for you.
While a doctor's order is not necessary for a Screening Mammogram, it is highly recommended.