Who Volunteers at MountainView Hospital?
Special people just like you! Our dedicated and dynamic volunteers come from all walks of life, bringing a variety of skills and abilities with them to help improve the lives of others. Volunteers at MountainView Hospital include retirees, professionals, former patients, homemakers, military personnel and students who share a common goal: to help others.
We are looking for volunteers wanting and willing to provide exceptional customer service to the patients, guests and staff at MountainView Hospital. We have opportunities for volunteers to greet guests, serve patients and provide clerical expertise.
- By submitting an application you are not automatically registered as a volunteer.
- Please note the application process takes approximately 3 to 4 weeks to complete.
- Acceptance into the volunteer program is contingent upon a complete application, a statement of health, a background check and a T-spot TB test (blood draw).
- Once a completed application has been received, a time will be established for a live interview with the Director of Volunteer Services.
- Adult volunteers are asked to commit to volunteering a minimum of 100 hours.
- College students are asked to commit to volunteering for a minimum of 100 hours.
- Shifts typically are from: 8:00am - 12:00pm, 12:00pm to 4:00pm, and 4:00pm - 8:00pm.
- Volunteer opportunities are available seven days a week.
- All volunteers must complete a 4 to 5-hour orientation (held on alternating Monday mornings) prior to starting as a volunteer.
- You will also receive on-site training in the department that you are assigned to.
- Each year, all volunteers must complete a re-training on hospital policies and procedures.
- All volunteers will be given a tuberculosis (TB) test one time per year. The TB test must come back negative before a volunteer placement can begin.
- A background check and drug screen will be performed on all volunteers prior to orientation.
- A seasonal flu shot is required for all volunteer applicants.
2019 applications will be posted in March of 2019
Dear Potential Junior Volunteer,
Thank you for your interest in the Summer Junior Volunteer Program at MountainView Hospital. We are looking for energetic, outgoing, self-motivated and compassionate individuals.
- 2019 Junior Volunteer applications are due no later than April 30, 2019
- This program is open to individuals between the ages of 14 to 17 years old
- The goal of our Junior Volunteer Program is to encourage service in our community and to provide learning experiences in a hospital setting.
- Volunteer assignments will vary depending on age and skills.
- Patent/Guardian permission is needed to participate in the Junior Volunteer Program.
Steps for acceptance into the program include:
- Complete the online junior volunteer application
- Minimum of 60 hours from June through Aug.
- Minimum of two four-hour shifts per week, but no more than three shifts per week.
- Provide two professional references
- Complete a T-spot TB test (blood draw)
- Adherence to confidentiality requirements
- Attend hospital orientation (tentatively scheduled for May 29, 2019)
- Clock in/out for each shift worked
We do not offer any short-term (under 75 hours) or court appointed community service opportunities.
For questions, please contact our Director of Volunteer Services at (702) 962-9191.