Who Volunteers at MountainView Hospital?
Special people just like you! Our dedicated and dynamic volunteers come from all walks of life, bringing a variety of skills and abilities with them to help improve the lives of others. Volunteers at MountainView Hospital include retirees, professionals, former patients, homemakers, military personnel and students who share a common goal: to help others.
We are looking for volunteers wanting and willing to provide exceptional customer service to the patients, guests and staff at MountainView Hospital. We have opportunities for volunteers to greet guests, serve patients and provide clerical expertise.
- By submitting an application you are not automatically registered as a volunteer.
- Please note the application process takes approximately 3 to 4 weeks to complete.
- Acceptance into the volunteer program is contingent upon a complete application, a statement of health, a background check and a T-spot TB test (blood draw).
- Once a completed application has been received, a time will be established for a live interview with the Director of Volunteer Services.
- Must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
- Adult volunteers are asked to commit to volunteering a minimum of 100 hours.
- College students are asked to commit to volunteering for a minimum of 100 hours.
- Shifts typically are from: 8:00am - 12:00pm, 12:00pm to 4:00pm, and 4:00pm - 8:00pm.
- Volunteer opportunities are available seven days a week.
- All volunteers must complete a 4 to 5-hour orientation (held on alternating Monday mornings) prior to starting as a volunteer.
- You will also receive on-site training in the department that you are assigned to.
- Each year, all volunteers must complete a re-training on hospital policies and procedures.
- All volunteers will be given a tuberculosis (TB) test one time per year. The TB test must come back negative before a volunteer placement can begin.
- A seasonal flu shot is required for all volunteer applicants.
Dear Potential Junior Volunteer,
Thank you for your interest in the Summer Junior Volunteer Program at MountainView Hospital. We are looking for energetic, outgoing, self-motivated and compassionate individuals.
- Summer 2021 Junior Volunteer applications are now open. (subject to availability)
- This program is open to individuals between the ages of 14 to 17 years old.
- The goal of our Junior Volunteer Program is to encourage service in our community and to provide learning experiences in a hospital setting.
- Volunteer assignments will vary depending on age and skills.
- Patent/Guardian permission is needed to participate in the Junior Volunteer Program. And a parent/guardian must accompany the junior during all testing appointments.
Steps for acceptance into the program include:
- Complete the junior volunteer application — available from the Volunteer Director or at the Info Desk in the hospital.
- The program will run from June through August. Of course, we would like to keep you after you complete the summer program; once you decide to stay with MountainView Hospital you can go ahead and talk to the Director of Volunteers.
- Minimum of one four-hour shifts per week, but no more than three shifts per week.
- Complete a T-spot TB test (blood draw).
- Provide Proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
- Adherence to confidentiality requirements.
- Attend hospital orientation.
- Clock in/out for each shift worked.
- Please submit a 1-page essay about why you want to volunteer and why you are interested in healthcare, with your application.
Submission of application does not guarantee acceptance into the program.
We do not offer any short-term (under 75 hours) or court appointed community service opportunities.
For questions, please contact our Director of Volunteer Services at (702) 962-9250.