The application process for our Junior Volunteer program (14-17) is currently closed. Please check back for future opportunities.
Volunteers are people from all walks of life who, for many reasons, offer their time and energy to help others. Their rewards are intangible and expectations of recognition modest, but all have one thing in common - they like to make a difference.
At MountainView Hospital the Volunteers are integral team members. They help the hospital to deliver high quality, cost effective healthcare to the community and, at the same time, allowing the professional staff more time for patient care thus improving service.
Interested in volunteering?
We have many wonderful volunteers with room for more! Opportunities are available for adults, college students, and teens (Ages 14-17).
All MountainView volunteers are required to:
- Fill out a volunteer application form and attend an interview.
- Commit to one 4-hour shift per week for at least 6 months or 100 hours.
- Get a 2-step TB skin test.
- Undergo a criminal background check.
- Attend and complete a hospital orientation session.
- Wear a volunteer uniform and name badge while on duty.
- Adhere to Volunteer Services and hospital Code of Conduct.
- Join the MountainView Auxiliary - nominal fee.
There are a wide variety of areas where MountainView volunteers enhance the quality of healthcare our hospital provides. Here are just a few:
- Amenity Cart
- Emergency Department
- Information Desk
- Patient Care Units
- Surgery Waiting Room
- Women's Center
If you would like to join our volunteer team, call the Volunteer Services Director at (702) 962-9250 and request an application. We look forward to hearing from you.