MountainView Hospital is committed to providing high-quality oncology services to our patients. Our skilled oncologists and medical team are knowledgeable in the latest treatments and techniques. We offer full-service cancer care throughout your cancer journey, from diagnosis and treatment to rehabilitation and support.
For more information about our oncology services, call (702) 962-5021.
At MountainView Hospital, we understand the needs of patients with cancer and their families. Our 34-bed oncology unit is designed to provide comfort for patients and visitors and features:
- A peaceful environment with a quiet, secluded feeling offering warmth to patients and visitors
- Rooms wired for constant monitoring
- Wi-Fi connectivity in all rooms
Cancer screening and treatment
Diagnostic imaging is an essential tool in identifying and diagnosing cancer. Some imaging technologies we use to screen for and diagnose cancer include:
- 3-D Computer-aided detection mammography
- 256-slice computed tomography scanning (CT)
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) & a wide bore MRI
- Positron Emission Tomography (PET scanner)
Breast cancer screening
You can also pre-register to schedule a mammogram online.
If a cancer diagnosis is made, we offer comprehensive treatment, including minimally invasive robotic surgery.
Lung cancer is one of the most common cancers in both men and women. Beginning as a growth of abnormal cells, the cancer grows to form a tumor, interfering with lung function. Lung cancer is treated through surgery, chemotherapy or radiation therapy. Those who smoke cigarettes have an increased risk for lung cancer.
Our transplant services
At MountainView, we perform blood and marrow transplants to fight blood cancer. Patients use their own stem cells to replace any diseased bone marrow so it can produce healthy blood cells.
Cancer support team
Our oncology center is supported by highly trained healthcare professionals, including:
- An experienced staff, many of whom are cancer survivors, that are knowledgeable in the latest treatments and techniques
- Cancer rehabilitation and occupational therapists
- Certified oncology nurses
- Clinical pharmacists who are specially trained in chemotherapy
- Nurse navigators
- Physical therapists
- Registered dietitians
- Respiratory therapists
- Social workers
- Specialized nurses trained in chemotherapy administration
- Transplant physicians and nurses
- Unit-based case management for pre- and post-discharge care