Surgical care in Las Vegas
MountainView Hospital is proud to provide a variety of surgical care services to the Southern Nevada community. Our surgical services include the latest in robotic surgery and other minimally invasive techniques through our Las Vegas Institute for Robotic Surgery. We are committed to providing the highest level of quality, compassion and comfort for all of our patients.
For more information about our surgical services, call (702) 962-5021.
Types of surgery we perform
If you need surgery, you can trust you will receive quality care at MountainView Hospital. We offer access to surgeons in a variety of surgical specialties, including:
General surgery is a surgical specialty that does not focus on common ailments and issues of the body. Instead, our general surgeons know about trauma, critical care and oncology. Additionally, our surgeons are trained to operate on multiple parts of the body and for various conditions including but not limited to:
- Ear, nose and throat
- Hysterectomies and other women’s surgeries
There are medical reasons for needing breast surgery, such as breast cancer, non-cancerous breast lumps and breast reduction surgery to help get rid of back pain. Our experienced surgeons are trained in performing a variety of surgeries including mastectomies (removal of one or both breasts) and lumpectomies (removal of part of breast tissue).
Cardiovascular and thoracic surgery
If you require heart or thoracic surgery, rest assured that MountainView is the valley leader in heart procedures. Whether you need a cath lab procedure or open-heart surgery, we are prepared to care for you. Some of the common procedures include:
- Angioplasty and stent placement (procedure used to widen narrowed or obstructed arteries or veins)
- Aortic balloon valvuloplasty (procedure to open a stiff heart valve)
- Coronary artery bypass surgery (procedure to restore normal blood flow to an obstructed coronary artery)
For treatment, our gastroenterology services range from medication therapy to surgery. Our surgeons use advanced techniques, including minimally invasive options such as endoscopic surgery. Endoscopic surgery is performed using a scope that is inserted through small incisions.
The most common surgeries we perform are:
- Appendectomy (Appendix removal)
- Cholecystectomy (Gallbladder removal)
- Esophagectomy (Esophageal cancer removal)
- Hernia repair
- Stomach surgery
Our women's care services offer comprehensive treatment for a range of health conditions. Additionally, we provide minimally invasive procedures to return patients to optimal health, including:
- Endometriosis surgery (Procedure to remove excess tissue growing outside of the uterus)
- Hysterectomy (Procedure to remove the uterus)
- Myomectomy (Procedure to remove fibroids from the uterus)
- Sacrocolpopexy (Procedure used to treat pelvic organ prolapse)
Depending on the surgical procedure you are receiving, your general surgeon may perform your surgery using robot-assisted surgery. The Las Vegas Institute for Robotic Surgery at MountainView Hospital is our robotic surgical specialty center. Our center provides minimally invasive alternatives to traditional surgery and features:
- High quality and consistent level of care from an experienced and knowledgeable medical team
- Six advanced robotic surgical platforms, allowing surgeons to make precise, smaller surgical incisions
- A wide variety of surgical procedures including treatments for gynecologic, urologic and cancer-related conditions
Retrieving location data...