Rehabilitation services in Las Vegas
At MountainView Hospital, our rehabilitation experts help patients continue to recover after surgery or acute illness. This post-hospitalization phase helps with mobility functions recovery like walking or relearning lifestyle skills such as bathing.
Our collaborative therapy team works to help each patient regain as much independence as possible. We offer inpatient and outpatient services, as well as specialized rehab care for patients with cardiopulmonary conditions.
For more information about our rehabilitation services, call (702) 962-5021.
Inpatient rehab care
Recovery is the next step after discharge from a hospital. Being able to go from a hospital to a rehab facility for therapy contributes to overall success. MountainView's state-of-the-art acute care inpatient rehabilitation unit is an option for your therapeutic needs. Once we receive your doctor's referral, your care can begin.
Our rehab unit provides care for a variety of conditions or procedures affecting mobility and function. Some of the specialists involved in your care may include:
- Physiatrists — Medical doctors who specialize in physical medicine and the restoration or enhancement of functional abilities.
- Physical therapists — Health professionals whose focus is to help recover the mobility and function of the lower extremities.
- Occupational therapists — Specialists whose focus is recovering the function and mobility of the upper extremities. They also help patients adapt or relearn lifestyle skills like dressing or grooming.
- Speech therapist and pathologists — These professionals focus on the muscles and recovery of throat and speech functions.
Our rehab program features the following:
- Continuum of care — Our acute rehabilitation unit is a department of MountainView Hospital, so you will be provided with the same level of expert care that you received during your hospital stay.
- Access for family and friends — The rehabilitation unit is located on MountainView's campus, on the fifth and sixth floors of the Medical Office Building which makes it easier for your family and loved ones to visit.
- Favorable outcomes — Studies show patients treated in an acute rehabilitation hospital typically achieve better outcomes than those in skilled nursing facilities. Our therapy team works with you one-on-one and helps you maximize functions.
- Beautiful, healing environment—We offer private rooms with attached private bathrooms. You can enjoy majestic views of the Red Rock, the mountains, the Las Vegas Strip and some of the best sunsets the desert has to offer.
- Access to care — You have 24/7 access to our physicians and emergency services when needed. You also have access to advanced imaging services such as magnetic resonance imaging or a computerized tomography scan. Unlike many freestanding rehab facilities, we offer these services on our campus so you won't need an ambulance transfer.
Rehabilitation treatments and services we offer
Our highly experienced team of rehab professionals provides help to restore function, improve mobility and relieve pain using hands-on therapeutic techniques, exercise instruction and education.
In your therapy, you'll benefit from one-on-one care provided by our specialists. Our physical therapists develop individualized and evidence-based treatment programs including therapeutic techniques such as:
- Balance retraining
- Electrical stimulation
- Exercise equipment, including the latest stationary bikes, computerized treadmills, weight-lifting machines and free weights
- Gait training
- Manual therapy techniques
- Mechanical traction
- Neuromuscular re-education
- Ultrasound therapy
- Vestibular training
Additionally, we offer specialized therapy programs focusing on specific body areas or systems. We also offer outpatient cardiac rehab services through our cardiac care services as well as outpatient physical medicine & rehabilitation at our clinic located in the 3150 N. Tenaya Way medical office building on campus.
Our neurological therapists help patients recovering from strokes or neurosurgical procedures. Our therapists help patients with general mobility, strength and endurance training, instruction on at-home exercise, orthotics and prosthetics use, equipment evaluations and fall prevention.
The Joint Commission recognizes our expertise in successful patient outcomes in stroke care and rehabilitation.
Patients with arthritis, neck, back or joint pain, myofascial pain, soft tissue sprains or strains, shoulder impingement and capsulitis syndromes and those recovering from orthopedic surgery can benefit from our rehab services.
Our treatment offerings include soft tissue and joint mobilization, a full range of therapies and customized exercise plans for each patient. If needed, we consult in-house neurological therapists.
Outpatient cardiac rehab services
Our outpatient cardiac rehab program helps patients with heart conditions confidently resume their normal activities as quickly as possible. Our program is known for its work with patients who have had a catheter-based procedure for their heart. Care begins with a referral from your physician.
If you have been diagnosed with one of the following conditions, our outpatient program may fit your health needs:
- Severe coronary artery disease
- Myocardial infarction (heart attack)
- Coronary artery bypass graft
- Chronic stable angina
- Congestive heart failure
- Coronary revascularization (angioplasty, stent)
- Pre-/post heart transplantation
- Valve surgery
Upon admission to our program, you receive a customized manual to help you and your family through your rehabilitation journey. Our goal is to improve your understanding of your condition, enhance your ability to control symptoms and return you to your highest level of activity.
You begin our program with an orientation, which includes a physical evaluation. Next, our cardiac therapists work with your cardiologist to create a customized treatment plan for your condition.
The plan is designed to assist you in achieving your goals and provide a foundation for maintaining achievable lifestyle changes.
Our medical management regimen includes:
- Stress management
- Weight management
- Treatment option information
- Smoking cessation
- Diagnosis education
You will learn how to exercise safely in a monitored environment. Throughout the program, you have access to one-to-one and group classes. These classes allow you to understand more about your cardiovascular disorder and the practical ways you can manage the risk factors associated with your condition.
For more information about our outpatient cardiac rehab services, call (702) 962-7620.