July 13, 2021
Our goal at MountainView Hospital is to provide the highest quality of care to our patients while complying with staffing regulations.
We are beyond proud of how our frontline teams have risen to the challenge of caring for our community during the worst pandemic in history, amid a state and national nursing shortage. We were also the first in the area to implement the highest safety standards and introduce innovative care strategies and treatment modalities to offer the highest level of care possible for our COVID-19 patients.
Unfortunately, the national nurse staffing shortage is a difficult challenge for hospitals throughout the U.S. and is at critical levels for certain parts of the country. We're doing everything in our power to recruit new nurses to our community. It is unfortunate that this labor union, which is currently negotiating its contract with MountainView, continues to use the pandemic, and the latest COVID surge in our area, as a platform instead of working toward collaborative solutions.
- We also believe that retaining and hiring nurses is essential – and our efforts show we have been successful, despite the countrywide shortage of nurses. From January to June we have hired 236 new colleagues – 121 of which were nurses.
- A new graduate nursing program which trains new nurses who just graduated or those who are looking to expand their skills in a new department. This new program will increase the overall size of our nursing team and provide 24/7 support for our front-line nurses so they can spend more time at the bedside.
- Since the beginning of the pandemic, we have followed CDC guidelines to provide appropriate PPE for our colleagues
- We were one of the first providers to implement a universal masking policy
- We were the first to move virus screening outside the main hospital
We have a 25-year legacy in this community of providing a high-quality patient experience through our accreditations, certifications and recognitions by the Joint Commission, Healthgrades, American Heart Association and other nationally renowned healthcare institutions.
Caring for our Las Vegas community is what drives us every day and is at the heart and soul of our mission: Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. We will continue to work tirelessly to care for our patients, support our care teams and continually improve.