- All Services
- Cancer Care
- Emergency Care
- Having Your Baby at MountainView
- Health Classes
- Heart & Vascular Care
- Imaging - Red Rock Radiology
- Las Vegas Institute for Robotic Surgery
- Neurology & Neurosurgery
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Rehabilitation Services
- Spine Program
- Surgical Weight Loss
- Women's Center
Chest Pain Center Accreditation
Chest Pain Center Accreditation
A Network of Accredited Chest Pain Centers in Las Vegas
Las Vegas has a network of accredited Chest Pain Centers, brought to Southern Nevada by Sunrise Health System. Three Chest Pain Centers, each accredited by the nationally recognized Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care, are open 24/7 in the emergency departments of the following hospitals: Southern Hills Hospital & Medical Center, Sunrise Hospital & Medical Center, MountainView Hospital.
If your loved one develops chest pain, he or she is significantly better off in an accredited Chest Pain Center. So play it safe, keep this information handy and tell your friends about the Sunrise Chest Pain Network.
Heart attacks are the leading cause of death in the United States, with 600,000 dying annually of heart disease. More than five million Americans visit hospitals each year with chest pain. The Society’s accreditation process ensures centers meet or exceed quality-of-care measures in acute cardiac medicine.
If you are experiencing chest pain or any other emergency ... call 911 immediately.
The Chest Pain Centers at Southern Hills, Sunrise and MountainView hospitals have demonstrated their expertise and commitment to quality patient care by meeting or exceeding a wide set of stringent criteria and completing on-site evaluations by a review team from the Society of Chest Pain Centers. Key areas in which a Chest Pain Center must demonstrate expertise include:
- Integrating the emergency department with the local emergency medical system
- Assessing, diagnosing, and treating patients quickly
- Effectively treating patients with low risk for acute coronary syndrome and no assignable cause for their symptoms
- Continually seeking to improve processes and procedures
- Ensuring Chest Pain Center personnel competency and training
- Maintaining organizational structure and commitment
- Having a functional design that promotes optimal patient care
- Supporting community outreach programs that educate the public to promptly seek medical care if they display symptoms of a possible heart attack
Each Sunrise Health facility has earned full accreditation status from the Accreditation Review Committee. MountainView's re-accreditation occurred in 2014.
About the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care (SCPC)
The Society is an international not-for-profit organization committed to leading the fight to eliminate heart disease as the number one cause of death worldwide. SCPC focuses on transforming cardiovascular care by assisting facilities by creating communities of excellence that bring together quality, cost and patient satisfaction. SCPC provides the support needed by hospitals to effectively bridge existing gaps in treatment by providing the tools, education and support necessary to successfully navigate the changing face of health care.