At MountainView, it's all about our patients. From the moment you walk through our doors, we want you to know that we are focused on providing high quality healthcare and the best possible patient experience. Our iCare Program is a testament to our commitment to excellence, and is the culture that we live by. iCare stands for integrity, compassion, attitude, responsibility and excellence. From our nurses to volunteers and everyone in between, each member of the MountainView Team is responsible for our hospital's success and ongoing service excellence.
If you find an employee who is not upholding these standards, please feel free to contact our Patient Advocate at (702) 255-5132.
- We are open, honest and appropriate in all communications.
- We follow through on commitments, large and small.
- We speak up, sharing ideas and concerns.
- We adhere to the highest of ethical standards.
- We do the right thing.
- We maintain confidences and honor promises.
- We value collaboration and cooperation.
- We adhere to our Code of Conduct and respect the individuality, privacy and dignity of our patients, visitors and colleagues.
- We treat everyone with empathy, courtesy, sincerity, respect and dignity.
- We make a personal connection with patients, families, visitors and coworkers.
- We impart hope and strength for those who are in a vulnerable place in their lives.
- We appreciate the individuality and preferences of patients including respect for differing cultures, viewpoints and beliefs.
- We treat the patient's room as their personal space.
- We will knock before entering a patient's room.
- We will close curtains and doors.
- We provide cover for the patient with gown/sheets.
- We use a chaperone when needed.
- We always explain to the patient what we are doing to maintain their privacy.
- We anticipate the needs of others and will be accountable to meet those needs.
- We are available to patients/families at all times including times of crisis.
- We try to understand our patient's needs.
- We remember that our customers are in an unfamiliar environment and are relying on us for help.
- We have a positive attitude.
- We take pride in the professionalism of our appearance and the appearance of the hospital.
- We represent MountainView Hospital positively in the workplace and community.
- We communicate with good eye contact, a smile and a friendly tone.
- We demonstrate positive reception for questions.
- We embrace change as a step toward improving our work environment and accept that change is a part of developing a culture of excellence.
- We are mindful of verbal & nonverbal messages when interacting with others.
- We answer the phone with a smile.
- We are thankful to patients for choosing MountainView Hospital.
- We recognize that we are here for our patients.
- We always greet visitors and introduce ourselves professionally, establishing a duration, providing an explanation and saying "Thank you".
- We are courteous, willing to help, take initiative and are proactive.
- We acknowledge others, especially those who "look lost" or need help.
- We use please and thank you in all conversations.
- We wear our ID badges appropriately at all times.
- We keep our work area, department and facility clean and organized.
- We share our knowledge and expertise freely with coworkers.
- We recognize and empathize with feelings & concerns.
- We give our time, energy and heart to fulfill the MountainView Hospital Vision: Caring, Compassion, Commitment.
- We strive to gain the respect of our peers.
- We do our very best and guide others to do their very best.
- We address every request or concern until it is resolved.
- We follow all policies set forth by all pertinent regulatory agencies and immediately seek to remedy any instances of non compliance through the proper channels and procedures.
- We observe all infection control measures, as the consequences of noncompliance can lead to adverse patient outcomes. We believe that cleanliness and hygiene are not just matters of appearance, but are also safety issues of the utmost importance.
- We act in the best interests of the organization, as any responsible stakeholder would. We always seek to appropriately utilize company resources.
- We provide exceptional care and exceed expectations.
- We make safety a top priority by being aware of potential hazards and observing all safety precautions with respect to patients, employees and visitors.
- We report identified hazards immediately so that the necessary steps can be taken to remove them.
- We maintain a safe environment for patients and families by understanding safety codes and using security measures when appropriate.
- We go beyond the job borders to find the best way to serve our customers.
- We give 100% to our patient's needs.
- We focus on the problem, not the person.
- When a patient is transported from department to department, we adhere to the safe hand-off policy.
- We look for efficiency in resources and processes without compromising quality, act with integrity and adhere to the highest ethical standards valuing honesty and developing trust.
- We strive to exceed our patient's expectations by creating a memorable experience.
- We assume the best from others.