September 09, 2015
Las Vegas, NV September 9, 2015 — MountainView Hospital Patty Pulley, was awarded the Nevada Hospital Association Excellence in Volunteerism Award at the association’s annual meeting.
Patty started at MountainView Hospital in 2004 as a Pet Therapy Volunteer. Patty and her pet volunteer Muffin were a familiar site at MountainView, bringing puppy love and kisses and a friendly tail wag to our patients, visitors and employees. In addition to her pet therapy volunteering, Patty always signs up to help with special projects in various departments.
When Muffin passed away earlier this year, Patty chose to become more involved with volunteering at MountainView Hospital. She started volunteering weekly at the Information Desk in our Medical Office Building. To date Patty has volunteered 1,400 hours at the hospital.
But Patty's volunteering does not end with MountainView - she gives of her time to so many organizations and to so many people.
- She has volunteered at hospitals, nursing homes, assisted living facilities, and libraries with Muffin - until Muffin's death this past January.
- Patty started, managed and coordinated a Pen Pal project between classes of first graders and seniors at assisted living facility in Vegas.
- She is a multi-gallon whole blood and platelet donor to United Blood Services in Las Vegas.
- Patty also works with stroke survivors, helping with transportation to the bank, grocery store, medical appointments, pharmacy, and touching base with them on a regular basis to make sure they are ok.
- She also has given of her time to those in our community that are in need and whom are vulnerable - an older couple newly arrived from Afghanistan, a paraplegic Vietnam Veteran, seniors in need of transportation and someone to talk to - if they are in need of a helping hand it is often Patty who is the friendly face offering assistance.
- And if that isn't enough, Patty has helped in activities at our sister facility, Sunrise Children's Hospital, and has volunteered at local walks benefiting children.
“I am proud that we are able to call Patty a MountainView Hospital Volunteer,” said Chris Mowan, MountainView Hospital Chief Executive Officer. “Patty’s volunteerism at MountainView and to those in need is a testament to her dedication to our community.”
About MountainView Hospital:
MountainView Hospital is a state-of-the-art, full-service medical facility located in the heart of northwest Las Vegas, one of the fastest growing areas in the Valley. With a dedicated and talented staff of employees and outstanding physicians, MountainView Hospital (MVH) is recognized for high patient satisfaction and for providing quality and compassionate care to our community since 1996. The hospital is a member of the respected Sunrise Health System consisting of Sunrise Hospital, Sunrise Children’s Hospital, Southern Hills Hospital and several surgery and diagnostic imaging centers offering a complete range of specialized and technologically advanced services. @MountainViewLV
3100 N. Tenaya Way, Las Vegas, NV 89128