- All Services
- $75 Screening Mammograms
- Cancer Care
- Diabetes Classes
- Emergency Care
- Having Your Baby at MountainView
- Heart & Vascular Care
- Imaging - Red Rock Radiology
- Joint Care
- Las Vegas Institute for Robotic Surgery
- Neurology & Neurosurgery
- Rehabilitation - Inpatient Unit
- Surgical Weight Loss
Heart & Vascular Care
Heart & Vascular Care
At MountainView, Your Heart is in Good Hands
We have developed a Cardiac Surgery Program that mirrors some of the largest and most respected cardiovascular institutes in the nation. Our Cardiac Surgery Team consists of surgeons, nurses, rehabilitation therapists, case managers and ancillary staff who have dedicated their careers to the individual needs of heart patients.
We have also earned accreditation from the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care for sustaining superior levels of service for patients experiencing a cardiac episode.
What Makes our Program Special?
MountainView is the only hospital in the area to offer on-site Cardiac Rehabilitation.
We are also the only hospital in the valley to offer a dedicated clinical coordinator for Heart Care. This highly trained staff member is available to patients and their family from the moment you schedule your surgery to the time you go home and beyond. The coordinator offers special services such as pre-operative education, follow-up appointment scheduling, and discharge care.
- Minimally invasive valve surgery:
- Aortic valve via right anterior thoracotomy “NYU approach”
- Mitral valve via right lateral thoracotomy “NYU approach”
- Complex mitral valve repair (including leaflet resection and neo-cord use)
- Aortic valve repair/replacement
- Minimally invasive LIMA to LAD coronary artery bypass surgery
- Coronary artery bypass surgery (Off pump or “beating heart”)
- Transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR) evaluation
- Surgical correction of atrial fibrillation (Cox-Maze Procedure)
- Surgical correction of Hypertrophic Obstructive Cardiomyopathy or “HOCM” (Septal Myomectomy)
- Robotically assisted/minimally invasive thoracic surgery including:
- Lobectomy (VATS and robotically assisted)
- Wedge resection of the lung
- Esophageal Surgery
- Ivor-Lewis esophagogastrectomy
- Heller myotomy for achalasia
- Miscellaneous thoracic procedures:
- First rib resection for thoracic outlet syndrome
- Thoracic sympathectomy for hyperhidrosis
- Diagnostic thoracic procedures including
- Fiberoptic and rigid bronchoscopy
- Esophagogastroduodenoscopy (EGD)
- Video-assisted cervical mediastinoscopy
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA) repair (Open and endovascular approach)
- Thoracic aortic aneurysm (TAA) repair
- Carotid endarterectomy surgery
- Peripheral arterial bypass surgery (Aorto Bifemoral bypass, Femoral to popliteal bypass, etc)
- Dialysis access surgery (AV fistula creation/ AV graft insertion)
Learn About Heart Valve Disease from MountainView Hospital's Dr. Michael Wood
We have recorded this 40+ minute video to give you an in-depth view into the Cardiovascular & Thoracic Surgery Program at MountainView.
Are You at Risk?
One in three Americans suffers from some form of heart disease. Are you at risk? Find out now by taking the heart health assessment. Then talk to your doctor about the results.
If you are experiencing chest pain or any other emergency ... call 911 immediately.
The Heart Health Assessment is not a substitute for an examination by your physician.