What makes our program special?
MountainView Hospital has earned a distinguished three-star rating from The Society of Thoracic Surgeons (STS) for its patient care and outcomes in isolated coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG) procedures. The three-star rating, which denotes the highest category of quality, places MountainView Hospital among the elite for heart bypass surgery in the United States and Canada.
At MountainView Cardiovascular & Thoracic Surgery Associates, we have developed a heart program focused on your individual needs. As an affiliate of MountainView Hospital, we are available 24-7 and are able to provide comprehensive patient management. With a convenient location in the medical office building adjacent to MountainView, we are able to provide patients with continuity of care, both in the clinic setting and as an inpatient should you require surgery.
MountainView Cardiovascular & Thoracic Surgery Associates is the premier comprehensive cardiovascular and thoracic surgery program in Southern Nevada, complete with two Advanced Nurse Practitioners and Physician's Assistant. In addition, the Cardiac Surgery Team at MountainView consists of surgeons, nurses, rehabilitation therapists, case managers and ancillary staff members who have dedicated their careers to the care and treatment of heart patients.
The Cardiac and Thoracic Surgery Program is focused on maximizing continuity of care by providing an individualized, unique patient experience. It is our mission to involve you in your patient's care at every step along the way.
From the Operating Room to the dedicated Cardiac ICU and Progressive Care Unit (PCU), our cardiac nurses are specially trained and have successfully completed a rigorous course that includes several proctored cases. You or your loved one will receive 1:1 nursing care for up to 24 hours while in the Cardiac ICU.
We are available consultation for high-risk patients and second opinions. We are also happy to take time to talk with patients to be a part of the education process.
At MountainView, We Take Our patient's Care to Heart
MountainView Hospital is the only cardiac surgery program in Las Vegas to be a 3-star program, with regards to in hospital, 30-day and 180-day mortality, as rated by HealthGrades reporting. We feel our team approach and onsite, dedicated surgical team is pivotal to our success.
Learn More About Heart Valve Disease
We have recorded this 40+ minute video to give you an in-depth view into the Cardiovascular & Thoracic Surgery Program at MountainView.
- Adult Cardiac Surgery (Coronary and Vascular heart disease)
- Adult Thoracic Surgery (Pulmonary, Esophageal, Mediastinal disease, Lobectomy and Minimally Invasive Lobectomy)
- Peripheral Vascular Surgery
- Carotid disease
- TAVR – Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement
- Abdominal Aortic Disease, including Endovascular Stenting
- Bronchial thermoplasty
- Dialysis Access Procedures
- Venous Insufficiency
- Minimally invasive approach to valvular heart disease
- Minimally invasive mitral valve repair
- Beating heart off-pump coronary artery bypass surgery
- State-of-the-art cardiac catherization lab
Minimally Invasive Valve Surgery
MountainView is the only hospital in the area to utilize minimally invasive techniques for the repair and replacement of aortic and mitral heart valves. The many potential advantages of this approach include:
- Smaller incision
- Smaller scar
- Decreased pain
- Decreased risk of infection
- Decreased blood loss
- Decreased length-of-stay. The average recovery time after minimally invasive surgery is one to four weeks, while the average recovery time after traditional heart surgery is six to eight weeks. This means a quicker return to physical activities and driving for your patients.
- Minimally invasive valve surgery reduces or eliminates the need to divide the breastbone