Become A Volunteer
Become A Volunteer at MountainView Hospital
Volunteers are people from all walks of life who, for many reasons, offer their time and energy to help others. Their rewards are intangible and expectations of recognition modest, but all have one thing in common - they like to make a difference.
At MountainView Hospital the Auxiliary Volunteers are integral team members. They help the hospital to deliver high quality, cost effective healthcare to the community and, at the same time, allowing the professional staff more time for patient care thus improving service.
Interested in volunteering?
We have many wonderful volunteers with room for more! Opportunities are available for adults, college students, and teens (14-17).
All MountainView volunteers are required to:
- Fill out a volunteer application form and attend an interview.
- Commit to one 4-hour shift per week for at least 6 months or 100 hours.
- Get a 2-step TB skin test.
- Undergo a criminal background check.
- Attend and complete a hospital orientation session which is usually scheduled every other Monday, lasting from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Wear a volunteer uniform and name badge while on duty.
- Adhere to Volunteer Services and hospital Code of Conduct.
- Join the MountainView Auxiliary - nominal fee.
There are a wide variety of areas where MountainView volunteers enhance the quality of healthcare our hospital provides. Here are just a few:
- Clerical Duties
- Emergency Department
- Information Desk
- Inpatient and Outpatient Surgery
- Medical Records
- Patient Care Units
- Women's Center